Version 1.0.3. Last updated: 12th January 2021
1. Use of Site
Any free courses provided by Human Reliability Academy, e.g. mini-courses, are shared on a personal use basis. Organisations wishing to use this training as part of their staff training should contact HRA to discuss access, terms and conditions.
2. Trademark and Copyright
Human Reliability Associates Ltd., Human Reliability Academy, Human Factors Risk Manager and certain other brands, trademarks, and service marks are marks of Human Reliability Associates Ltd. and its affiliates. The Materials on this Site are copyrighted, and any unauthorized use of any Materials on this Site may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
Links to external websites are provided solely as a convenience to you. Human Reliability Associates Ltd. has not reviewed all of these external websites, does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites or their content. If you decide to access any of the external websites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
4. No Warranty
The Materials provided at this site are provided “as is” without any warranties of any kind including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property. Human Reliability Associates Ltd. further does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the Materials at this Site. Human Reliability Associates Ltd. may make changes to the Materials at this Site, or to the services and prices described in them, at any time without notice. The Materials at this Site may be out of date, and Human Reliability Associates Ltd. makes no commitment to update the Materials at this Site.
5. Use of Communication and Collaboration Platforms (CCP)
The Site may contain blogs, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate and collaborate with a group you agree to use these collaborative tools only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Communication and Collaboration platform (CCP).
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a CCP you will not:
• defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
• publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic, name, material, or information.
• upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
• upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
• advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such CCP specifically allows such messages.
• conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
• download any file posted by another user of a CCP that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
• falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded, restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the CCP;
• violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular CCP.
• harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; or
• violate any applicable laws or regulations.
HRA has no obligation to monitor the CCP. However, HRA reserves the right to review materials posted to a CCP and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. HRA reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the CCP at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
HRA reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in HRA’s sole discretion.
Materials uploaded to a CCP may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you upload the materials.
6. Limitation of Liability
In no event will Human Reliability Associates Ltd., its suppliers, or other third parties mentioned at this Site be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, those resulting from interruption of services or inaccurate information) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of the use of this Site, any websites linked to this Site, or the Materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages. If your use of the Materials or information from this Site results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment or data, you assume all costs thereof.
7. Applicable Law
8. Effective Date and Updates
The Terms are effective as of August 19th, 2020 and are subject to change without notice by Human Reliability Associates Ltd. at any time. Please check for changes regularly. Your use of this Site after such changes constitutes your agreement to such changes.